Essential practices make life easier when it comes to studying time!
Studying has always been seen as a arduous task, not an enjoyment or an opportunity to learn. However, good habits with the right approach, the right environment and minimal distractions should all help our kids become productive in studying and achieve the learning.
Moms are always eager to teach their kids healthy homework habits and study skills. They want their toddlers and older kids to absorb and learn.
Our preschools in San Juan Capistrano have discovered essential tips to help your kids to study efficiently:
- Time Management. It plays a vital role in developing a study skill. At a young age, toddlers can be taught to appreciate the importance of time management versus procrastination. Set aside lots of time for homework as this will help set the mood for your child which will become useful when he/she creates their own schedule for long term projects in the future.
- Encouragement. If your child is struggling with a problem or subject, encourage them to ask you questions. It is a natural part of the learning and the studying process. It will also help them to know that you are available to assist them whenever they need clarification.
- Think Positively. Being in the right mindset can make all the difference. Encourage your child to be positive when studying or taking an exam. Don't let them dwell on past mistakes but rather let them know that you still love them no matter what. Your support as a parent will be a great stepping stone that will help them to enjoy studying.
- Note-taking. It is considered a critical skill that should be improved. Most students do not know how to take notes in class well while others feel they have to write down every word the teacher says. Lessons in note-taking can help guide them to learn a successful way.
- Study Environment. Another key to successful studying that most moms recommend is a private, quiet space with good lighting and no distractions. No TV, tablets, cell phones or play stations during homework time!
- Study smarter not harder. Remember that an important key in studying isn’t cramming or studying longer, but studying smarter.
- Lastly, make it a routine! Developing a consistent homework routine is a great help in teaching children good study habits.
Preschools in San Juan Capistrano like Mission Basilica School want to build every child's confidence as it is one way to connect to their success. As parents and teachers alike, praise their abilities, focus on how hard they studied their lessons and how that effort paid off with good grades.