What is Transitional Kindergarten?
• Transitional Kindergarten ("TK") is the first part of a two-year kindergarten program that provides a full-day academic experience for students turning five years old between September and December or students who are not ready for kindergarten. TK bridges the preschool and kindergarten programs for children in this age-range.
• When Senate Bill 1381 passed, it changed the age at which children may enter kindergarten. Children must now be five years old on or before September 1 to enroll in kindergarten.
Why Transitional Kindergarten?
• Transitional Kindergarten provides students with a faith-based learning environment that nurtures students physically socially, emotionally, academically and spiritually.
• Transitional Kindergarten offers children a rigorous interactive, learning experience that is aligned to The California Preschool Learning Foundations.
• Research shows that students who attend a quality kindergarten readiness program, including Transitional Kindergarten, are more likely to succeed in school and attend college.